Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:53 AM ET
1. Focus: Stay on top of your positions, and don't get sidetracked when something does not go your way.
2. Short Memory: Don't allow a mistake or two to rattle your confidence to the point where you are scared to make moves. A lot of investors make a bad trade and get gun shy over making future investments. Don't get sidetracked from your ultimate goal.
3. Spread the Floor: Spread your money around. Diversify over a wide range of sectors. Investors that put all their eggs in one basket are asking for trouble.
4. Take the Easy Shots: Look for the easy money when you can find it. Dividend stocks offer guaranteed income that can substantially increase your portfolio's value.
5. Practice: It takes time to learn how to become a successful investor. Like in all areas of life, practice makes perfect, and investing in no exception.
It's not to late to follow Warren Buffet into these stocks
The risk and impact of inflation
Value versus growth investing - which is better?
Three secrets to successful insider trading
Don't miss out on the most important market news delivered daily to your inbox every market morning for FREE!
About Market Intelligence Center |
Contact Us |
Terms of Service
Investors Observer |
Market Intelligence Center |
Fresh Brewed Media News |
S&P Option Strategies |
Fresh Brewed Media
Portions of this content may be copyright by Fresh Brewed Media, Investors Observer, and/or O2 Media LLC. Portions of this content are protected by the following US Patents: 7,716,116; 7,856,390; 7,865,496; 8,463,695; 8,494,944; and 8,676,691.